Spain, the land of vibrant culture, stunning landscapes, and rich history, is a dream destination for many travelers. Whether you're planning a leisurely vacation or a business trip, getting to Spain is made convenient by its well-connected network of airports. In this blog, we will take a closer look at some of the main airports in Spain, outline visa procedures for crew members, and introduce an air transport company that offers comprehensive services for seamless travel.
Spain boasts numerous international airports, with several serving as major hubs for both domestic and international flights. Here are some of the key airports and their terminals:
Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport (MAD, LEMD):
· Terminal 1: International flights
· Terminal 2: International flights (Schengen)
· Terminal 3: Iberia flights (domestic and Schengen)
· Terminal 4: Iberia and other select airlines (domestic and international)
· Terminal 4S: Iberia flights (long-haul)
Barcelona El Prat Airport (BCN, LEMD):
· Terminal 1: Most international flights
· Terminal 2A: Transatlantic and non-Schengen flights
· Terminal 2B: Schengen flights
· Terminal 2C: Schengen flights
· Terminal 2D: Schengen flights
· Terminal 2E: Intercontinental flights
Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI, LEPA):
· Terminal A: Domestic and Schengen flights
· Terminal B: Non-Schengen flights
Malaga-Costa del Sol Airport (AGP, LEMG):
· Terminal 2: Non-Schengen flights
· Terminal 3: Schengen flights
These are just a few examples of the many airports in Spain, each catering to different regions and travel needs.
Other Notable Airports in Spain are:
Alicante/Elche Miguel Hernández Located in Alicante, SPAIN ICAO - LEAL, IATA – ALC
Sevilla San Pablo Located in Seville, SPAIN ICAO - LEZL, IATA – SVQ
Valencia Manises Located in Valencia, SPAIN ICAO - LEVC, IATA – VLC
Ibiza Located in Ibiza, SPAIN ICAO - LEIB, IATA – IBZ
Gran Canaria Located in Las Palmas, SPAIN/CANARY ISLANDS ICAO - GCLP, IATA – LPA
Almeria Located in Almeria, SPAIN ICAO - LEAM, IATA – LEI
Fuerteventura Located in Fuerteventura, SPAIN/CANARY ISLANDS ICAO - GCFV, IATA – FUE
Lanzarote/César Manrique Located in Lanzarote, SPAIN/CANARY ISLANDS ICAO - GCRR, IATA – ACE
Seve Ballesteros/Santander Located in Santander, SPAIN ICAO - LEXJ, IATA – SDR
Asturias Located in Asturias, SPAIN ICAO - LEAS, IATA – OVD
A Coruna Located in La Coruna, SPAIN ICAO - LECO, IATA – LCG
Bilbao Located in Bilbao, SPAIN ICAO - LEBB, IATA – BIO
Santiago/Rosalía de Castro Located in Santiago, SPAIN ICAO - LEST, IATA – SCQ
Menorca/Minorca-Mahon Located in Menorca, SPAIN ICAO - LEMH, IATA – MAH
Region de Murcia International Located in Murcia, SPAIN ICAO - LEMI, IATA – RMU
Girona Costa Brava Located in Girona, SPAIN ICAO - LEGE, IATA – GRO
Zaragoza Located in Zaragoza, SPAIN ICAO - LEZG, IATA – ZAZ
Valladolid Villanubla Located in Valladolid, SPAIN ICAO - LEVD, IATA – VLL
Tenerife South/Reina Sofia Located in Tenerife South, SPAIN/CANARY ISLANDS ICAO - GCTS, IATA – TFS
San Sebastian Located in San Sebastian, SPAIN ICAO - LESO, IATA – EAS
Jerez de la Frontera Located in Jerez, SPAIN ICAO - LEJR, IATA – XRY
Pamplona/Noain Located in Pamplona, SPAIN ICAO - LEPP, IATA – PNA
Melilla Located in Melilla, SPAIN ICAO - GEML, IATA – MLN
La Palma Located in La Palma, SPAIN/CANARY ISLANDS ICAO - GCLA, IATA – SPC
Federico Garcia Lorca Granada-Jaen Located in Granada, SPAIN ICAO - LEGR, IATA – GRX
Badajoz/Talavera La Real Located in Badajoz, SPAIN ICAO - LEBZ, IATA – BJZ
Tenerife North/Ciudad de La Laguna Located in Tenerife North, SPAIN/CANARY ISLANDS ICAO - GCXO, IATA – TFN
Leon Located in Leon, SPAIN ICAO - LELN, IATA – LEN
Salamanca Matacan Located in Salamanca, SPAIN ICAO - LESA, IATA – SLM
Vigo Located in Vigo, SPAIN ICAO - LEVX, IATA – VGO
Burgos Villafria Located in Burgos, SPAIN ICAO - LEBG, IATA – RGS
Reus Located in Reus, SPAIN ICAO - LERS, IATA – REU
El Hierro Located in Hierro/Canary I, SPAIN/CANARY ISLANDS ICAO - GCHI, IATA – VDE
Vitoria Foronda Located in Vitoria, SPAIN ICAO - LEVT, IATA – VIT
Albacete Los Llanos Located in Albacete, SPAIN ICAO - LEAB, IATA – ABC
Castellon Costa Azahar Located in Castellon, SPAIN ICAO - LECH, IATA – CDT
Sabadell Located in Sabadell, SPAIN ICAO - LELL, IATA – QSA
La Rioja/Logrono-Agoncillo Located in La Rioja, SPAIN ICAO - LERJ, IATA – RJL
La Gomera Located in La Gomera, SPAIN/CANARY ISLANDS ICAO - GCGM, IATA – GMZ
Lleida Alguaire Located in Lleida, SPAIN ICAO - LEDA, IATA – ILD
Murcia San Javier Located in Murcia, SPAIN ICAO - LELC, IATA – MJV
Huesca/(Monflorite-Alcala) Pirineos Located in Huesca, SPAIN ICAO - LEHC, IATA – HSK
Crew members traveling to Spain typically fall under the category of Schengen visas. However, it's essential to consult the official Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country to ensure accurate and up-to-date information. Generally, the following documents are required for crew visa applications:
· A completed visa application form
· Valid passport with at least two blank pages
· Two recent passport-sized photographs
· A letter from the employer or airline confirming employment and the purpose of travel
· Travel itinerary and flight bookings
· Health insurance coverage
· Proof of accommodation in Spain
· Copy of crew member identification card
It is advisable to initiate the visa application process well in advance to avoid any last-minute complications.
For a seamless travel experience in Spain, it's beneficial to rely on air transport companies that offer comprehensive services. One such company is International Flight Planning Solutions (IFPLS), which specializes in assisting crew members with various requirements, including:
· Visa application support: IFPLS has dedicated staff to guide crew members through the visa application process, ensuring all necessary documents are submitted accurately and on time.
· Airport assistance: From airport transfers to check-in services, IFPLS provides seamless assistance at major airports in Spain. They take care of all logistics, allowing crew members to focus on their duties without unnecessary hassles.
· Accommodation arrangements: IFPLS can help arrange comfortable accommodations close to airports or city centers, considering crew members' preferences and budget constraints.
· Local transportation: Navigating a new city can be challenging, but IFPLS offers transportation solutions tailored to crew members' needs, ensuring they can explore Spain conveniently during their stay.
· 24/7 support: In case of any unexpected situations or emergencies, IFPLS provides round-the-clock support, guaranteeing crew members have assistance at any time.
Spain's diverse attractions and warm hospitality make it a popular destination for travelers worldwide. Knowing the main airports and understanding the visa procedures for crew members is essential for a smooth journey. By relying on reputable air transport companies like IFPLS, crew members can enjoy a stress-free travel experience, with comprehensive assistance for all their needs. So, get ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure in Spain, knowing that your travel logistics are well taken care of.
If you are interested in applying, please refer to the IFLS website www.ifpls.com, and contact us on a timely basis when you would like to apply for this position. Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please let us know if you need any more information or assistance during your journey.
IFPLS is the best flight support company in the world, and we are working hard to be “Your Intensive Flight Operations Care”.