Latvia, located in the Baltic region of Northern Europe, is a country known for its picturesque landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and vibrant cities. For those arriving by air, Latvia boasts a well-connected airport infrastructure, making it a convenient gateway for international visitors and crew members. In this blog post, we will look in detail at the main airports with terminals and give an overview of visa processes for cabin crew to highlight the invaluable assistance provided by a significant air transport support company that ensures a seamless travel experience.
Latvia is served by three major airports, each offering a range of domestic and international flights:
Riga International Airport (RIX, EVRA), situated just 10 kilometers southwest of the capital city of Riga, is the largest and busiest airport in Latvia. It serves as a vital transportation hub connecting Latvia with various destinations worldwide. The airport has two terminals: Terminal 1 handles non-Schengen flights, while Terminal 2 is dedicated to Schengen flights. RIX offers a wide range of amenities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, currency exchange services, and car rental facilities.
Located in the city of Liepaja, in the western part of Latvia, Liepaja International Airport (LPX, EVLA) primarily serves domestic flights and a limited number of international charters. Although smaller in size compared to Riga International Airport, it provides a convenient alternative for travelers visiting the western regions of Latvia.
Ventspils International Airport (VNT, EVVA), situated in the coastal town of Ventspils, primarily serves general aviation and cargo flights. While it has a smaller capacity and fewer commercial flights, it plays a crucial role in supporting the region's industrial activities and facilitating cargo transport.
Crew members planning to visit Latvia need to adhere to specific visa procedures. Latvia, as a member of the European Union, follows the Schengen Agreement, which allows for the free movement of individuals within the Schengen Area. The following guidelines apply:
· Schengen Visa: Crew members from non-Schengen countries are typically required to obtain a Schengen visa to enter Latvia. This visa allows them to travel within the Schengen Area for a specific duration. It is advisable to consult the nearest Latvian embassy or consulate to determine the visa requirements and application process.
· Crew Member Visa: In certain cases, crew members may be eligible for a crew member visa, specifically designed for individuals working in the aviation industry. This visa allows for multiple entries into the Schengen Area and facilitates smoother travel for crew members.
To ensure a hassle-free experience for crew members and aviation professionals, the services of a reliable flight support aviation company can be invaluable. International Flight Planning Solutions (IFPLS), a well-known company operating in Latvia, provides comprehensive assistance throughout the travel process. Their services include:
· Flight Planning and Permits: IFPLS assists with flight planning, obtaining necessary permits, and coordinating flight routes, ensuring compliance with international regulations.
· Ground Handling: IFPLS facilitates ground handling services such as aircraft parking, fuel arrangements, baggage handling, and passenger services, ensuring a seamless transition from air to ground.
· Crew Services: IFPLS offers crew services, including crew accommodation, transportation, and visa support, streamlining the experience for crew members and allowing them to focus on their professional responsibilities.
· Concierge Services: For crew members seeking personalized assistance and local insights, IFPLS provides concierge services, catering to individual preferences and facilitating a memorable stay in Latvia.
In conclusion, Latvia, with its well-connected airports and efficient visa procedures, offers a welcoming environment for crew members and travelers alike. Riga International Airport serves as the primary gateway, providing excellent connectivity to various destinations. Liepaja International Airport and Ventspils International Airport cater to specific regions and serve as valuable alternatives for domestic and specialized flights.
Navigating visa procedures can sometimes be a complex task, but with proper guidance and support from the Latvian embassy or consulate, crew members can ensure a smooth entry into the country. The availability of Schengen and crew member visas facilitates seamless travel within the Schengen Area.
For a truly stress-free experience, availing the services of a reliable flight support aviation company like IFPLS can make a significant difference. IFPLS’s comprehensive range of services, including flight planning, ground handling, crew support, and concierge services, ensures that crew members receive the necessary assistance and support at every step of their journey.
Whether you're a crew member visiting Latvia for work or a traveler exploring the country's charm, Latvia's airports, visa procedures, and the support of IFPLS contribute to a seamless and enjoyable travel experience. So, pack your bags, prepare for an exciting adventure, and let Latvia welcome you with its warm hospitality.
Please get in touch with IFPLS at any time using our web portal at https://www.ifpls.com/apply.php. Our 24-hour operations department can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us if you require any additional information or assistance with your trip.
IFPLS is the best flight support company in the world, and we are working hard to be “Your Intensive Flight Operations Care”.